Thursday, January 15, 2009

Zambia

Game on.

I'm going. At least... it really really really seems like I'm going. I'm in contact with a travel agent to book the 22+ hours of travel needed to reach Lusaka, Zambia. Where is Zambia? .....



Right under my finger. It's in what's called Africa's copper belt, and I will be there for seven months, roughly mid-February through mid-September. I will be there working with my friends Vaughn and Dustin and their US non-profit, Acirfa which has partnered with their Zambian bicycle company, Zambikes. I will have a few different jobs, mostly operational and organizational stuff, and I will be mostly concerned with how their company is being run and how it can be done more efficiently.

This is truly the direction I want my life to be headed and I can't tell you how good it feels to be walking (if not running... I leave in about a month!) in the direction that God has for me. I don't think I'll move to Zambia forever, but this social business thing is, I believe, where I want to spend my efforts.

What's next after September? Please don't ask me that question. I hardly know what I'm going to have for lunch today let alone thinking that far ahead.

1 comment:

keith mcdee said...

you make me smile.
i've been itching to call you but a free moment to do such has yet to collide with the action of me dialing you.
i was buying lunch today and the guy behind the counter tried to evangelize me for christ. i thought it was sweet of him. i gave him a sermon from my computer. they were all happy about that! i'll tell you more later.
love you brother.